5/24/2011

White bumps on my tonsils after eating popcorn...?

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still
waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and
answer them
White bumps on my tonsils after eating popcorn...?The past 2 times I've eaten popcorn, I've gotten a white bump on what I guess are my tonsils in the back of my throat. The dont hurt but they seem to be raised since I can feel them. The last one fell off (suddenly disapeared) after 3 days. I had some popcorn tonight and now my other tonsil has the same thing going on. I'm thinking maybe the kernel shells are making a small cut when I'm swollowing and then it gets a minor infection...? Anyone ever heard of this? Very strange.

Grace
To me the strange part is your checking out your tonsils when you're eating popcorn! Other than that yep, it's strange, perhaps a conversation to have with your dr. next time you go. Obviously it's not a major health issue or you wouldn't be eating popcorn. Good luck!

Ana
I know that in my tonsils (and everyone I've talked to) after a while, white stuff starts forming in the holes of your tonsils (I think its food buildup) and it also happens when its cold, that could be what you are talking about because they come out sometimes by eating, or you can remove them yourself.
I went to my doctor for them because I was worried, but she said it was normal and it happens to everyone, some people just notice and others its hidden.
The next time that happens, try poking it with the soft part of a Q-Tip, and see what happens. It could also just be popcorn stuck in the holes in your tonsils. Not everyone has them, but most do.

tikababy
You need to have it checked out by your doctor. If its something serious like strep if you have it too long it could mess up your kidneys.


Give your answer to this question below! Tonsillitis explained | Better Health Channel
Links to information about tonsillitis , including tonsillectomy.

Orignal From: White bumps on my tonsils after eating popcorn...?

No comments:

Post a Comment