5/24/2011

Canker sores on my tonsil??

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still
waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and
answer them
Canker sores on my tonsil??Is it safe to say my severe painful throat is caused by cankers on my tonsils? 5 days ago, I had a fever and body aches, and some sinus. All these have eventually subsided but a really severe soar throat persists especially during eating/drinking. I had my culture swabbed for strep and it came back negative. I can see a few blister like spots on my right tonsil, and just so happens the right side of my throat is EXTREMELY painful when eating....almost to a point where I'd rather not eat. I've had cankers on my inner lip, but never on my throat or tonsil. This is possibly the worst throat pain I've ever felt. It's been 4 days and it has not yet let up, how long do i have to go? Are these normal symptoms of cankers?

J N
My son just had this it is called Herpangina, and is caused by the cocksackie virus not sure if the spelling is right, but it is normal, it should go away in a few days. Just google it.

littleblondie
It's probably a viral problem. They are probably not canker sores, but blisters caused by inflammation of your tonsil. I had the exact some problem, and sadly, it lasted for about two weeks, but then again I am a college student and didn't get the best medical care. It sounds like you may even have mono. Please go to see your doctor to get a mono test. Please get better soon!


Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! Tonsillitis explained | Better Health Channel
Links to information about tonsillitis , including tonsillectomy.

Orignal From: Canker sores on my tonsil??

No comments:

Post a Comment