5/24/2011

does getting your tonsils removed damage your singing voice?

Do you find what you need? Look here!
does getting your tonsils removed damage your singing voice?i just need to know just in case i might need to find something else to fix my throat problems without getting them removed. I love to sing and i will do anything to keep my voice as amazing as i can.

Rafael
tonsils dont really do anything thats why you remove them so easily. At some point people get them removed but i doubt it will permanetly affect your singing

mark
It didn't change mine, I had mine removed in my early 30's, and it didn't seem to make any difference to my voice whether speaking or singing.

Empty
Not remotely - your voice is dictated by your vocal chords, which are deep down in your gullet. Your tonsils are at the back of your throat and not remotely connected to your voice. Hospitals are reluctant to remove tonsils these days as they filter bacteria that could be more harmful for you. You may suffer more regularly from tonsilar infections, but these are easily handled by gargling with diluted salt water, or better still, very diluted TCP. However, if a doctor has recommended their removal, then go along with it safe in the knowledge that your vocal chords remain unaffected.

David L
Removing your tonsils will not effect your singing.

cantilena91
No, there is no other effect than maybe a slight improvement (decrease of "stuffy" or "nasally blocked" voice as enlargened tonsils do not block the airways anymore).

ilovephotographyandmusic
It will not affect your voice or damage it in any way, but it might change your vocal timber and range, in other words, you could sound different. So be sure you tell the doctor that you are a singer. There are certain aspects that need to be taken into consideration. I can't remember exactly what, but a doctor told me. And one of my teachers in high school removed her tonsils and she sounded so... bright, her voice was too high ans squeaky.

Also, you might have second thoughts after reading this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080808192235AACQ3Sy

If it is not dangerous, I would personally never remove them.

Mike S
When I was little I had them removed. I am on the radio and people tell me that I have "good pipes". So it does not effect your singing. Best wishes.


Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! Tonsillitis explained | Better Health Channel
Links to information about tonsillitis , including tonsillectomy.

Orignal From: does getting your tonsils removed damage your singing voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment