4/27/2011

My throat hurts & I wonder if I need my tonsils removed?

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still
waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and
answer them
My throat hurts & I wonder if I need my tonsils removed?I've been having something sort of a soar throat for the past week and a half. Everytime I swallow it hurts! I have difficulty eating or drinking anything. I've been trying to drink a lot of green tea with honey and lemon but the pain only soothes down temporarily.

What's going on? Does this have anything to do with the possibility of my tonsils being removed?

HaLeZ
Have you had a look in your throat in the mirror? You should go to the doctor. You probably don't need your tonsils out- they don't do it that much anymore (they used to do it without a general anaesthetic back in the day- so it was safer- which sounds weird but its true) These days its reserved for people who have chronic reoccurring problems with tonsillitis.
Go to the doc, you might have an infection and need some antibiotics to clear it up. You can get excellent anaesthetic/antibacterial throat gargles these days from the pharmacy like "difflam" which work nicely for comfort in the meantime. Or you can use a regular mouth wash to kill bacteria that may be causing your sore throat to hang around for so long.
Go to the doc though :)

Absinthe
You may have a throat infection or tonsillitis. There is no need to have your tonsils removed - even though this is a very standard type of operation, there are significant risks to it, and your tonsils are there for a purpose.

Tonsillitis is easily treated with a course of antibiotics.


Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! Tonsillitis explained | Better Health Channel
Links to information about tonsillitis , including tonsillectomy.

Orignal From: My throat hurts & I wonder if I need my tonsils removed?

No comments:

Post a Comment